A Re-Cap

It has been a whirlwind couple of days in the DeHart family . . .

On Sunday, Scott walked calmly into the living room and informed me that he was having chest pains and thought he needed to go to the hospital. Now on any given day, that kind of statement is scary. Coming from Scott with his family history of heart disease, it completely freaked me out. We immediately loaded Emily up and took her to my sister's house and then went on to the hospital.

After blood work, a chest x-ray and an EKG, the doctors in the emergency room declared that nothing looked abnormal but they wanted to keep him overnight for observation. Sooo . . . we moved down to a swanky observation room (and by swanky I mean that they actually had a recliner for me to rest in as opposed to the hard chairs in the ER) and we settled in for the night.

I am so grateful to a whole host of people for checking in on us, taking care of things and keeping me calm (Scott was on morphine so he was totally calm lol).

To my sister and brother in law: you guys are amazing. Thank you for agreeing with no hesitation to keep Emily when I called. It's so reassuring to know that you're there when we need you.

To my mom and dad: what would we do without you? From helping me figure out where to take Scott when my brain was fuddled, to keeping Emily overnight so we knew she was well taken care of, thank you for always being there to back us up.

To Aaron: bless you. Thank you for letting me call all freaked out, ask you random medical questions and most of all, for keeping me calm and giving me a personal nurse line to refer to. It helps more than you know.

To Gwen, Donna, Beth, Kari, and Janet: you guys rock. Thank you for being my first call whenever we need immediate prayer. I know that you guys pray, pass along the requests and then continue to pray throughout and that means the world to me. You're wonderful women and I'm so comforted knowing that you're there.

To Kevin, Susie, Jennifer and Kelly: ahh, my sweet friends. You kept me entertained well into the evening and during the day Monday and I can't thank you enough for trying your darn'dest to keep my mind off of things.

To the rest of our family that provided support and continually checked in: ((hugs)). Scott and I were constantly surrounded either by phone calls, email, etc. and it's always nice to know that your family is there and thinking of you.

Scott is home now and will be for a week or so until he has a stress test and gets those results. So he's got time to rest, time to think about the changes we're going to be making around the DeHart house and . . . oh yeah, watch the NCAA tournament (lucky timing for him).

Stay tuned for updates and more information on the changes we're going to be making to get healthier and be happier . . . it's going to be an interesting ride.

0 comments: